NBH Award Terminology
A ‘Participation’ is a single project submitted into the NBH Award to compete with others for a chance to win the NBH Award.
Also referred to as Submission(s), Entry (Entries), Submitted Project(s), Project(s)
A ‘Participant’ is a single individual, a real person, who has created his/her own account on our NBH Award system and has intended to submit a Participation to the NBH Award, or has already submitted a Participation to the NBH Award.
Also referred to as Entrant
Participation EligibilityTo be eligible to participate in the Nasser Bin Hamad International Youth Creativity Award (NBH Award), the Participant must belong to one of the following Age Groups:
- First Age Group (14 – 17 Years Old)
- Second Age Group (18 – 24 Years Old)
- Third Age Group (25 – 30 Years Old)
General Terms and ConditionsThe NBH Award General Terms and Conditions apply to all Participants and Participations regardless of the category in which they compete in.
- The Submission Deadline for participation into the NBH Award will be September 1st, 2018.
- Any Participation submitted seven (7) days, one week, before the announced Submission Deadline of the NBH Award will be considered and treated as a Late Participation.
- The Participant may not withdraw any Participation after the Submission Deadline.
- No Participation will be accepted into the NBH Award after the Submission Deadline.
- The Participant must belong to one of the NBH Award Age Groups.
- Registering on the NBH Award website or participating in the NBH Award, in any of its categories, implies the Participant’s acknowledgement, approval and full acceptance of the NBH Award General Terms and Conditions.
- The NBH Award General Terms and Conditions may be subject to change without notice. They will be published on the NBH Award website.
- The only way to register and participate in the NBH Award is through the official online website and submission portal.
- The NBH Award Registration Committee reserves the right to request identification documents of the Participant to prove accuracy of information provided at registration.
- The NBH Award website and submission portal stores all the Participants information confidentially. All information about a Participant can be used by any of the NBH Award internal committees if required to do so.
- The NBH Award will not disclose any of the Participants information (such as E-Mails) without the Participants consent and agreement, to any external entity or organization.
- By signing up on the NBH Award system, the Participant acknowledges and accepts that some of his/her information (such as username) will be disclosed to public.
- The Participant acknowledges that any information stored or published through the Internet is subject to mistreatment or hacked and the NBH Award holds no liability as a result of such situations – hence, the NBH Award will do its best within our capacity to provide maximum security to avoid such situations.
NBH Award Judging
- All Participations will be evaluated and judged by a neutral Judging Panel, which will decide the finalists (top three) and the winning (first place) Participation.
- All Judging Panel decisions are final and are not subject to appeal.
- The Judging Panel Committee reserves the right to request additional information from the Participant regarding their submitted Participation.
- The language used in a Participation must be Arabic and/or English.
Participating in the NBH Award
- A Participation must be made to one of the six categories of the NBH Award: 1. Science; 2. Film Making; 3. Photography; 4. Graphic Design; 5. Art; 6. Architecture.
- A Participant is allowed to submit a maximum of one (1) Participation in a single category of the NBH Award, unless otherwise stated in the category specific rules.
- A Participant is allowed to participate in more than one category, as long as it is available to his/her age group, and the Participation must be complying with its category-specific rules.
- Late Participations are not allowed to be re-submitted if they do not pass the Verification and/or Quality Auditing Stage.
- The final Participation submitted should be the work of the Participant himself/herself.
- The Participant must be able to provide justification of his/her own work and credibility, if required to do so.
- The Participant is held liable for claims of plagiarism or breach of Intellectual Property Rights that are claimed against a Participation. The NBH Award promotes creativity and the Participants own work, hence cannot and will not be held liable or responsible for such actions from the Participants.
- Submission in progress will not be accepted.
- Participations who have won the first place position in any of the previous editions of the NBH Award are not allowed to be submitted in this edition of the NBH Award.
- The submitted Participation should not have been used and/or may not be used as marketing material for any other entity or organization.
- The NBH Award has the right to keep a copy of the Participation submitted and to promote and/or publish them (the Participant and/or the Participation), without exploiting them commercially. The Participant will maintain the Participations’ Intellectual Property Right.
- The Ministry of Youth and Sports Affairs (MYS) reserves the right to use a Participation in exhibitions and events, and distribute information about the Participation through any communication and media channels, while reserving the Intellectual Property Rights of the Participant.
- The Ministry of Youth and Sports Affairs (MYS) reserves the right to publish information about the winning Participants and/or Participations.
- Certificates of Participation will be provided only to Participants who have submitted and competed with at least one complete Submission, made in any of the six NBH Award categories. The certificates will be sent to the Participant electronically (in PDF format) only, after the NBH Awarding Ceremony.
- The Registration Committee, Quality Auditing Committee (QAC), and the Judging Panel Committee reserve the right to exclude and disqualify any Participation that does not consent to the NBH Award General Terms and Conditions.
- Participants who have provided the wrong or inaccurate information while registering or submitting Participations will be excluded and disqualified.
- Participants who fail to prove ownership and/or justification of his/her own work in a Participation may be subject to disqualification.
- Participations that are considered to be inappropriate and/or violate ethics or human values will be excluded and disqualified.
- Any attempt made by the Participant (including Team Members) to communicate with any of the Award’s Judging Panels or Judges with regards to the NBH Award itself, or their Participation(s) will result in the disqualification of the Participant and their Participations. The only way to communicate or enquire the NBH Award Judging Panel is through sending your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The NBH Award Judging Panel will only select three finalists (1st, 2nd and 3rd positions) from each age group, in each category.
- For each age group, and in each category, there can be only one (1) first place winner.
- The NBH Award will handle the flight expenses and accommodation only for the finalists, in each age group and in each category, to attend the NBH Award – Awarding Ceremony, held in the Kingdom of Bahrain (only for those who are not residing in the Kingdom of Bahrain).